Sewing our Sanity

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Guess what I am making...

Dear Emily,

I spent some time today at the sewing machine making pants for the boys that will match the seersucker skirt you made Caroline. (Not the strawberry one) Not that I was necessarily going for the matchy-matchy thing but they will make for a good beach photo. It had been awhile since I had sewed. So long, as a matter of fact, that I put the bobbin in backwards twice. I noticed something was wrong with the tension so I adjusted the bobbin. The tension was still off so I checked the bobbin again and realized it was in backwards. Apparently I need to not let so much time go by between sewing sessions!

And speaking of sewing, I have another project ready for tomorrow. Not a sewing project, actually. While I do have a couple of things I would like to finish by Friday of this week, I have a little non-sewing side  project planned. It involves the items in the photo below but I will leave it at that. Can you guess what I am going to make? I have seen the recipe for "it" all over blogs and Pinterest lately so I thought I would jump on the bandwagon, too. I'll let you know how it turns out after I do some laundry. (I think for the first time in my life I am actually looking forward to doing laundry!)




Love,
Monica

ps. I edited the photo on PicMonkey, a photo editing website similar to Picnik. Fun effects and graphics that are super-easy to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment