Sewing our Sanity

Friday, May 4, 2012

Freezy Pop Sleeves

Summer is upon us and for us that means lots of days playing outside, trips to the beach, riding bikes, etc. and  the much hated Freezy pop induced frost bite!!

My kids (and I) love those things but they do not love holding them.  Their little hands get so cold and I have wasted so many paper towels wrapping them up just so their hands won't have to touch them.  So I made polar fleece sleeves for our Freezy Pops and everyone is much happier.


These sleeves are super EASY and super FAST!  I whipped up 6 of them in about 10 minutes.   




I cut 2 pieces of polar fleece 2.5 in x 5 in. with the stretch running across the fabric (short ways).

I placed the two pieces together and serged the edges.

I put fray check on the end of each serged edge, but this is totally optional.


You do not need a serger for a this project.  I also made some with zigzagged edges.


10 minutes, and 6 sleeves later...VERY happy kids!















2 comments:

  1. I wish I could see at the *top* of your posts who did the posting ... I didn't know this was Emily until I got down to the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally doing this!!! Always tired of saying ITS TOO COLD

    ReplyDelete