Sewing our Sanity

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Spring Market at Lucketts and more chairs

Saturday I met my parents at the Spring Market at Lucketts. It was amazing. I wish Emily could have been there. (And two other friends who would have loved it.) There were so many things to see and the prices were very reasonable. I came home with some Graphite Annie Sloan Chalk paint and one of her wax brushes. And lots of ideas. This was one of my mother's favorite's:

Weathered logs as planters.




I have absolutely nowhere to use this but wouldn't this wine bottle chandelier look great on a porch with a high ceiling?
The panels on this old door have been replaced with chicken wire. I would love to have several hinged together to make a backdrop on the big blank wall on my front porch. Maybe painted red.
And we both loved this fabulous bench from the Stylish Patina tent.




Not a great display but my mother saw it 20 minutes before I got there and when she took me to see it, it was gone. She described it - a queen size bed refashioned into a bench. We had both seen this done with twin beds but never a queen. Later we saw it with the sold items waiting to be picked up and snapped a couple of pictures.
The highlight of my day was meeting Marian from Miss Mustard Seed. Her work is gorgeous and there is smoothness to her furniture like none other. She has a new line of milk paint coming out in June and I am anxious to try it. She gave both my mother and me one of her tags:
I hung it on my cabinet painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. Very appropriate because I first saw the paint on Miss Mustard Seeds blog.
We had a good time and delicious crab cakes. I brought the two-year-old with me and he was terrific. The weather couldn't have been better either.
In the meantime, I was still scouting things out on Craigslist.
Remember these chairs? After seeing them, Emily said she needed some like it. She had been collecting miss-matched chairs of similar size, painting them black, and using oil cloth to upholster the seats. They looked great and so far she had two. Her husband did not like them and after seeing my chairs, she decided she needed something more like what I found. The day after I picked seven up, I found an ad on Craigslist for 10 Hitchcock chairs for $125.
















Amazing price again but these need some work. Not much more than some elbow grease and fresh paint though.
Emily, Paul wants to know when you are coming to get your chairs?
-Monica
 

1 comment:

  1. HA! I don't know. Give them to Andrew. He said he would paint them for me.

    ReplyDelete