Sewing our Sanity

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Great chairs from Craigslist

I browse Craigslist from time to time, usually the antiques. I go for weeks without looking at anything and then go through a phase looking every day. I have been looking for chairs for the kitchen but not looking that hard, figuring I would eventually find something. Yesterday I hit the jackpot. 

These chairs were advertised on Craigslist for $100. I was a little wary of the price because sometimes sellers will post a price for multiple items but really mean that price is for just one. I emailed the seller and asked if the price was $100 for one or all seven. Amazingly it was for all seven. They need a paint job and a few repairs.

The seats are in good condition. The paint and the repairs are easy fixes compared to fixing a rush seat. 


I will need to enlist some help to fix this:

Dad are you reading this? It is supposed to look like this 

All of my adult life, probably even earlier, I have been coveting the chairs from Clores. My parents have a lot of their furniture, including more than few of the chairs. They have had them for years and they are still in terrific condition. These are pretty darn close. 

Plus, they have great legs.


I can't wait to get started!





They will get a good scrubbing with this

while I decide what color to paint them. They will go in my yellow kitchen with this cabinet and white kitchen cabinets. I will probably use chalk paint but I will wait until after going to the Spring Market at Luckett's this weekend before I decide and choose a color. (Or maybe colors?) Can't wait to see what kind of stuff they have! I am sure I will come back with too many great ideas. In the meantime I still have to finish planting all those plants. And then there is all that housework. And, oh yeah, that little boy to potty train. 





1 comment:

  1. I have decided (before this post but definitely now!) that this is what I want to do in our kitchen too. Sam really isn't liking the mismatched chairs. I can't wait to hear/see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete