Sewing our Sanity

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Knitting Bug

So what do you do when your husband is deployed, you are pregnant, the kids are asleep and the lonely hours before bedtime stretch out in front of you?  You teach yourself to knit!!

I decided that I needed to be more productive after the kids went to bed, and sitting in front of the TV surfing the web was just not cutting it.  Plus, I can sew, cross stitch, embroider...shouldn't I be able to knit?!?  I tried once to learn to knit and was totally unsuccessful and I found it to be so frustrating.  But I was determined that I could learn.  So I grabbed a set of knitting needles and some yarn and hopped on-line to www.knittinghelp.com.  In one evening I taught myself the English method of knit and purl stitches.

For my first project, I decided to knit a hat for the new baby.  I found this adorable pattern from The Mucky Macbook and knit one in blue and one in pink with Martha Stewart Extra Soft Wool Blend, since we didn't know the baby's gender. We got to use the blue one for our precious Mikey and I saved the pink.


And I was officially bitten by the knitting bug.  I knit a baby sweater, a shrug for Natalie, hats for the big boys, a hat for Natalie, a hat for Sam, and I am finally getting around to knitting something just for me.  I am knitting this gorgeous tee with my interchangeable knit pick needles (I love these!) in Knit Picks Cotlin colorway whisker.  

-Emily


1 comment:

  1. I haven't enjoyed knitting so much but would like to learn to crochet.... not sure it is that much different, might not like that either.

    ReplyDelete